The ultimate beginner's training to create logos, vector artwork, and design layouts
Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At Alison Caron Design, 396 Main Street, Suite 14, Hyannis
Learn to create professional-looking graphics for web or print in this intense, one-day beginner’s workshop. Adobe Illustrator is the preferred software program used by professional graphic designers to create logos, artwork, and design layouts. Whether you are planning a career as a graphic designer or just want to learn how to design your own graphics, this class will give you the skills needed to use this powerful tool with confidence.
In Illustrator Boot Camp you will learn:
- an overview of all the tools, panels, and the workspace
- the difference between vector and pixel-based images
- the difference between web and print graphics
- various file formats—when to use them and how to create them
- set up a new document and understand the settings
- work with text and receive basic typography tips
- work with color—create swatches, color palettes, and gradients
- import and work with photos in a design layout
- convert photos into vector graphics
- use shape tools to create simple illustrations or icons
- draw more complex artwork with the pen tool
- create a repeating pattern
- use the selection tools and layers
- export your final design in various file formats for print and web usage
Space is limited to 8 students to ensure the optimal learning experience. Every student will receive a USB drive loaded with practice tutorials, design elements, textures, and backgrounds which they may keep. Lunch, snacks, and beverages will be provided. $199*
Moderate computer skills. Must bring your own computer to class with Illustrator installed. You can download a 30-day free trial of Illustrator at www.adobe.com.
Alison Caron is an adjunct instructor in graphic design at Cape Cod Community College, as well as a trainer for Geek Girl tech conferences. She owns Alison Caron Design, an advertising, branding, and publishing design firm, located on Main Street in Hyannis. She is the former creative director of Cape Cod Magazine, South Shore Living, Chatham Magazine, and Cape Cod Guide. Alison has been using Adobe software for over 15 years.
Because you can't ask a book questions.